Front loaders vs top loaders has to be the oldest appliance battle in the book. If you’ve ever asked for someone’s opinion on which washing machine to rent then you will know just how just how passionate people can be about which kind they rally for!
Some swear by top loaders, and others promise that front loaders are the way to go. With such divided opinions, how are you meant to know which to go for when it comes time to get your own?! Like anything, each washer has its pros and cons, and it just depends on the features you prioritise to which one is best suited to your needs.
We’ve helped take the stress out of the decision! Keep reading to find out the advantages and disadvantages for each machine to work out the best rental washer for you and your family.
FRONT LOAD WASHING MACHINE RENTALS
- Use much less water than top loaders (up to 60%) therefore using less electricity, making them cheaper to run.
- Much gentler on your garments – front loaders have drums without agitators, which means that your clothes won’t get caught or stretched like they may in a top loader
- Less noisy than top loaders. Especially handy if the laundry is near the bedroom and you want to put on a load before bed without it sounding like a plane is taking off in the next room!!
- In a time crunch? Unfortunately front load washers do have longer wash cycles than their top loader friends. Some models on the market have the option of quick wash cycles, but these aren’t too effective if your items are heavily soiled.
- The more expensive option, which may deter you if you’re just starting out on your own.
TOP LOAD WASHING MACHINE RENTALS
- QUICK! Top loaders have much faster cycles than front loaders, which is great if you have a big family and need to do several loads in a day.
- Can usually hold more laundry per load.
- Generally the least expensive option – an important factor to a lot of people, especially if you’re just moving into a new place and have to spend money on more than one new appliance.
- Having been around for a lot longer, top loaders are tried and true, and are widely renowned as being the most reliable choice in washing machines!
- Harder on your clothes because of the agitator, top loaders can stretch and ruin things. Some models don’t have agitators but because of this the effectiveness is lessened and the clothes aren’t washed as well.
- Use a lot more water than front loaders. In this day and age water conservation is an issue that is very important to a lot of people – if you’re one of them, then you might want to think twice about renting a top load washing machine. Using more water also means using more energy, which will cost more to run overall.
If you’re looking at renting a new washing machine, we hope we have helped make your decision a little clearer! Any further questions? Send through a question or give us a call today on 1300 339 415.
If you’ve made up your mind and you’re ready to apply to rent a brand new washing machine, check out our range starting at only $12 per week. And don’t forget our huge range of dryers if you need a bundle!
The best part? At the end of your rental contract you may even be able to buy out the item from as little as $1!